The Fifth Region Basketball Officials Association is an organization comprised of men and women, dedicated to promoting the welfare of the game, its players, officials, and maintaining the highest standard of basketball officiating possible. The purpose of our organization is as follows:
1. To establish and maintain an organization dedicated to providing competent contest officials that will assist in the educational and athletic development of young student athletes.
2. Provide competent, well trained and unbiased contest officials for athletes participating in high school athletic contests.
3. Promote through the actions, attitude and leadership of its members the ideals of good sportsmanship and respect for players, coaches, spectators, students, administrative personnel and contest officials.
4. Sponsor, coordinate and promote programs that will provide training and continuing education to officials in order to improve their judgment, game management, knowledge of the rules, conditioning, and opportunities for advancement.
5. Encourage and provide an equal opportunity for all its members with respect to contest assignments, advancement, and ratings regardless of sex, national origin, race, age, disability, or religion.
6. Provide communication through the Board of Directors or their representatives with the schools and public relative to game management, assignment, and control as it applies to officials.